We’re progressing a new era of land use bringing together mātauranga Māori, western science and innovative technology. Could you take the reins of this crucial kaupapa?
We are looking for an outstanding Head of Whenua Planning and Rejuvenation to join our growing team.
Reporting to our Chief Executive Officer, you will work with whānau and other key stakeholders to develop a world-leading whenua (land) restoration and rejuvenation strategy and implementation plan. You’ll also have a critical role developing partnerships to bring the vision of Tāwhaki to life.
You’ll lead the implementation of our kaupapa, ensuring the land at Kaitorete is healed, rejuvenated, and nourished for future generations in a way that is connected to and compatible with aerospace kaupapa. The ideal candidate will have experience in working with kaupapa Māori initiatives.
This is a full-time contract role. You’ll be based at our HQ in Ōtautahi (Christchurch) and frequently at our site located at Kaitorete, 50 minutes’ from the CBD.
Our ideal candidate is:
- An experienced leader.
- Able to develop and lead complex environmental programmes to support existing and generate new opportunities.
- Experienced in working with kaupapa Māori initiatives.
- Adept at developing and maintaining positive working relationships.
- Adaptable to change in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
We are looking for someone with:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in environmental management, planning, environmental policy.
- Experience developing strategic plans for implementation (a kaupapa Māori focus would be advantageous).
- Experience working within different environmental frameworks, including the Resource Management Act and conservation.
- Experience of land use planning.
- Experience developing funding/revenue plans and applications.
- Experience commissioning and supporting environmental projects to achieve strategic objectives.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- A willingness to champion a kaupapa Māori vision to advance aerospace in Aotearoa while caring for the unique whenua of Kaitorete.
Tāwhaki is a joint venture partnership between Wairewa Rūnanga and Te Taumutu Rūnanga, and the New Zealand Government. We bring together mātauranga Māori and innovative technology to help understand our world and navigate the future together.
At the heart of Tāwhaki is the dual kaupapa of caring for people and planet, and creating enduring opportunities for the aerospace industry in Aotearoa. At the same time as Kaitorete ticks the boxes of technical launch site criteria, it is a significant cultural landscape that has internationally recognised ecological value.
Applications close: Friday 31 March 2023. Apply directly with this link
To view a detailed position description follow this link
Now is the perfect time to join our team. We look forward to hearing from you!